Karl Knudsen Automotive Logo
(02) 9417 6304 [email protected]

      Pink Slip

      A Pink Slip’ or roadworthy certificate is most often required when a car is transferring ownership or if a used car is being re-registered. This helps reduce the amount of poorly maintained vehicles on the roads. In some cases, a Pink Slip is needed to clear a defect or unroadworthiness notice. Pink Slips or roadworthy certificates can only be given by a licensed vehicle tester that is operating from an approved garage or service centre, like Karl Knudsen Automotive Chatswood. 

      For a Pink Slip to be issued, a car must pass a roadworthiness test. The test is a check of the car to ensure that major parts have not worn or broken down and that the vehicle is safe for normal road use. A Pink Slip only covers the major safety-related issues and includes wheels, tyres, steering, suspension, brakes, seats including seat belts, lights including reflectors, the windscreen including wipers and washers, windows, overall car structure and other safety-related components on the body, chassis and engine.

      The roadworthiness test is not a check of the general mechanical reliability or condition. If you require a comprehensive check on the overall condition and reliability of the vehicle then you should arrange for a separate report like those offered by the VASA, MTA and IAME which Karl Knudsen Automotive Chatswood is a registered agent of. Karl Knudsen Automotive Chatswood is also authorised to do LPG inspections.


      Pink Slip Certificates Chatswood


      Pink Slip Inspections Chatswood


      Roadworthy Certificate Chatswood